What an all star line up for the Strictly Christmas Special
Jeremy Vine and Karen Clifton
danced a quickstep to a cover of ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ by The Puppini Sisters
Jeremy and Karen always bring the fun factor .
Katie Derham and Brendan Cole
danced a Viennese Waltz to ‘White Christmas’ by Otis Redding
My favorite dance of the night. Excuisite!
Colin Jackson and Amy Dowden
danced a Rumba to ‘Run’ by Leona Lewis
Colin and Amy danced a beautiful Rumba .He hasn’t lost it .
Robbie Savage and Dianne Buswell
danced an American Smooth to a cover of ‘ Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) by Michael Buble
Loved the story of the dance. The lifts were brilliant . An impressive performance from Robbie.
Judy Murray and Neil Jones
danced a Charleston to ‘Let’s Misbehave’ by Trevor Ashley
Neil brought out the playful side of Judy’s personality in this dance. A joy to watch!
Kimberley Walsh and Pash Kovalev
danced a Jive to ‘Run Run Rudolph’ by Kelly Clarkson
They are so cute.
The Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Champions Are:
KATIE DERHAM and BRENDAN COLE
It’s all over for another series , but what a series it has been.
Roll On Strictly 2018!
THE STRICTLY CAST DANCE GROUP DANCE
They took a trip to Buckingham Palace for a very special tea dance hosted by The Duchess of Cornwall and music from The Kaiser Chiefs .
Hope you are all having a lovely Christmas or Happy Holiday
I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your presence here on my blog.
Let me take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year . Let’s dance with life in a happy and healthy way with style and grace in 2018!
Let’s Stay Connected on
TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST @ welleness8
FACEBOOK @ WaltzingwithWelleness
and don’t forget to
8 Health Benefits of Dance
There is no doubt dancing is the one thing which can give you a stress-free and relaxed life. It is totally up to you if you want to do it alone or with the partner. However, it does not matter with whom you are dancing and how well you are dancing. Whenever or wherever you dance you definitely achieve some positive results. Most of the people consider dancing for the entertainment activity. Though, yes it is the most entertaining activity in the world. But in addition to this, it also has so many health benefits. So here is the list of some common health benefits which you can achieve through dancing.
- Improves the memory: As per the survey conducted on many people, dancing can help people to retain information. It can improve the ability to remember things. Dancing can help to boost the memory level in adults. According to the researchers dancing even can help to prevent dementia.
People always ask this question how dancing can help to increase memory. Studies revealed that dancing helps to attach the losses vessels of the brain. The process done on a regular basis can directly impact the memory retention power. It is more effective as compares to the other forms of exercises like aerobics.
- Improves flexibility and balance: Dance is the best process which can improve your balance. As dancing itself involves balance this will encourage you to know more about the body’s muscles. It can also help you to maintain good muscle memory.
Dancing can teach you how to perform fast actions and also contributes to enhancing the synchronization of the muscles. Through this, you can stabilize your body which can allow you to have more body control. Dancing can also help your body deal with the stiffness of the muscles. Before doing any hard activity you are advised to let your body warm up to help you face the challenge of more vigorous exercise . If you want your body to be muscle pain-free than you need to do dancing on regular basis.
- Good for heart: To prevent cardiovascular disease doctors recommend dancing. Dancing is the exercise which can help your body to have improved blood circulation. With the improved blood circulation, your heart also allows passing the healthy blood to the all the parts of the body. Dancing can help you to have stamina and regulates your heart beat. Overall dancing can improve your lungs and heart.
- Help in weight management : Dancing is the action that engages you in physical activity. It is well known if someone is doing regular physical work he or she is does not gain extra pounds as easily. In the same way, if you are dancing on regular pace than you can easily burn body fat. This can help you to achieve a healthy strong body. As per the research done by the University of California, dancing can impact the weight as equally as the cycling and the other hard exercises. You can easily burn 200 calories per hour if you are regularly engaged in dancing.
- Reduce depression and stress level: Another major benefit of the dancing is it reduces depression and stress level. Dancing allows you live in the moment and help you to keep your mind stress free. Less stress level can directly encourage reduced depression. You just need to enjoy the moments with dancing so your mind can have some stress free time.
- Increase your energy: If you are just sitting and you have nothing to do, then your body also goes into the relaxed state. It is always imperative to have improved energy level. Enough energy level helps you do tasks comfortably. Dancing lets all body parts coordinate effectively. This process will improve your energy level.
- Makes you smarter: Dancing is the activity which you helps you make quick decisions. While dancing you need to take care about so many actions. If you miss something you can improvise.So dancing can increase the mental ability of the person. If you are a regular dancer than you must have the quick sense to judge things and make quick decisions.
Co-ordination between you and your partner is also the example of the quick decision ability. Though, if you want to have quick decision-making ability, then you need to start dancing. Moreover, if you have to do the simple task to get the sharp decision-making ability then dancing will help.
- Improves social relationships: It can be really awkward for introverted people and that is where dancing can improve social relationships. But truly dancing is the activity which can create an enjoyable environment and provide the chance for people to connect with others. Dancing can also contribute in improving the confidence level of people. While meeting so many people some people might feel shy. Dancing can help them to socialize with other people.
With so many benefits, how can you not include dancing into your daily/weekly routine? These amazing benefits can totally transform your life and give you space to enjoy your own activities. It is significant to understand that the dancing is a great way to achieve health and happiness.
What an amazing start to a new season of
STRICTLY COME DANCING 2017
Well done to the entire #Strictly team . It’s going to be an amazing series.
Alexandra and Gorka danced the Waltz to (You Make Me Feel Like A) ‘Natural Woman’ by Aretha Franklin.
The tissues were out early for Alexandra’s first dance. It was an emotional one . Which is why Strictly can be a healing journey for both the contestants and viewers. We have got to “Feel to Heal” people. A perfect #Strictly partnership.
Charlotte and Brendon danced a Foxtrot to ‘The Best Is Yet To Come’ by Michael Buble.
This lady just exudes elegance down to her fingertips. A gorgeous partnership. Brendan’s choreography is old hollywood style, pure class. 👌
Chizzy and Pasha danced a Cha Cha to ‘Boogie Fever’ by The Sylvers.
This is a fun partnership and their first dance did not disappoint. Full of energy. Chizzy has great rythmn and her personality sparkled throughout the dance. This girl can move . Pasha is an amazing teacher👏
Debbie and Giovanni danced A Paso Doble to ‘Be Italian’ by Fergie.
This was a surprise…even for Giovanni 💋. It had passion, intensity , kicks, splits . Debbie didn’t hold back and put everything into that first dance. Looking forward to seeing their dance next week.
Gemma and Aljaz danced a Cha Cha to ‘There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back’ by Shawn Mendes.
Gemma appeared super confident for her first dance looked amazing . It a fast fun routine . There’s nothing hoding you back after that cheeky cha cha Gemma.
Mollie and AJ Jived to ‘Good Golly Miss Molly’ by Little Richard.n
What an adorable partnership. Molly played her role to perfection. Facial expressions were on point. Yes , there needs to be more bounce action in the jive but it is only week one . Love these two together.
Ruth and Anton Waltzed to ‘This Nearly Was Mine’ ( Seth MacFarlae version)
Ruth looked the picture of elegance . Such beauty and grace. Ruth has so much potential but the nerves took over a bit . You can do it Ruth. A gorgeous couple.
Susan and Kevin performed the Viennese Waltz to ‘Mad About The Boy’ by Dinah Washington.
Love this partnership and love Susan’s tweets even more, such a funny lady. Were all mad about Kevin and his imaginative routines . Susan is loving her strictly experience as we can see.
Aston and Janette danced a Foxtrot to ‘It Had To Be You ‘ by Harry Connick Jnr.
WOW, it’s week ONE !! It had to be you Aston, what a showman. A show stopping performance . Janette brings out the best in her partners. Loved her retro look . A dynamic duo. The ones to watch 😉
Brian and Amy danced a Tango to ‘Temptation’ by Heaven 17.
Liked the setting and the story of the dance. Who can resist red shoes 👠😍 It wasn’t an easy dance for Brian’s first dance but he got through it . Well done.
Davood and Nadiya danced a Cha Cha to ‘Dedication to My Ex’ by Lloyd ft. Andre 3000
One word “HOT”🌡
Joe and Katya Jived to ‘Rockin’ Robin’ by Michael Jackson.
Joe put 100% into this dance , brilliant. He got the character of the dance and so light on his feet . I could watch this over and over again. Katya is an sensational dancer and teacher. They were certainly rockin’ it tonight. Another couple to watch.
Jonnie and Oti Waltzed to ‘When I Need You ‘ by Luther Vandross.
For an athlete who isn’t used to dancing , Jonnnie was extemely good and performed with such charm. The basic side close side and heel leads were very good. Just needs to work on his posture more . A beautiful partnership and excellent first dance.
Rev. Richard and Dianne danced the Cha Cha to ‘There Must be An Angel’ by The Eurythmics.
Rev. Richard was on cloud nine and full of enthusiasm throughout the dance.
Simon and Karen performed the Paso Doble to ‘Song 2’ by Blur.
Simon appeared focused and determined throughout the paso. If he relaxed his knees a bit more he will drive through the dance better but a difficult first dance. Well done Simon.
The Strictly Leaderboard : WEEK ONE
Loving the new judge Shirley Ballas , such vast knowledge and experience in ballroom and latin. An excellent choice .
I am looking forward to the coming weeks and seeing the improvements they make on their strictly journey.
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post
Strictly Come Dancing – It Takes Two
Starting Monday 25th September 6.30pm on BBC Two
until next time
What an amazing launch show. Well done to the entire #Strictly team .
But now I
Gotta Dance …
Meet The Class of Strictly Come Dancing 2017!
Meet the New Head Judge
So looking forward to Shirley judging with her vast experience she will be a valuable asset to the judging panel.
Meet the 3 New Strictly Pro Dancers Nadiya Bychlova, Amy Dowden and Dianne Buswell.
And What An Entrance They Made on Strictly Come Dancing 2017
It was an emotional show for Tess , Claudia and the strictly team. (I Had the tissues out at this stage) . Sir Bruce will never be forgotton.
What a beautiful heartfelt and moving tribute to Sir Bruce Forsyth.
Here are your Strictly Couples 2017
Loving the pairings this year. We have the perfect petite pairing – Aston and Janette, can’t wait to see their jive. The tall and elegant Gemma and Aljaz, they will be gorgeous in ballroom. And maybe this could be Anton’s year now he is paired with the beautiful Ruth.
Watch Them All Perform Their 1st Group Dance
Strictly Come Dancing Series 15
The 1st Live Show Starts on Saturday 23rd September 2017
💕 Stay Healthy and Happy 💕
Dance Can Improve Your Life on a Mental, Emotional, Physical and Social Level.
- Boosts memory
- Relieves Stress
- Improves coordination and mobility
- Elevates your mood
- Diminish Depression
- Improves strength and flexibility
- Improves muscle tone
- Improves circulation
- Increases physical fitness
- Weight management
- Increases energy
- Improves your self-confidence and self-esteem
- Improves your social skills
- Make new friendships
- Improves overall well-being
If you are considering learning to dance or joining a dance class , I suggest you read the following:
Dancing can be a great way to stay fit and healthy for individuals of all ages, shapes and size. If you have not exercised in a while or have any medical or age related conditions or concerns, please consult your doctor first .
If you get the chance, I hope you dance x
€235 – farfetch.com
€1.485 – harrods.com
€1.470 – julian-fashion.com
€1.430 – net-a-porter.com
€54 – nordstrom.com